Tuesday, April 26, 2011

thirty-two


Yesterday was another milestone in my life....another year had passed and suddenly I found myself at the golden year of 32.  I allowed myself some time yesterday to think about this past year.  When I turned 31, I was not in a good spot in my life.  I was unhappy with myself on so many levels and I wasn't excited to celebrate nor be 31.  But as I began this blog almost 9 months ago I am amazed at the transformation that has occurred in this past year.  As 32 approached I realized that I wasn't dreading it nearly the same way I was 31.  Then today I got a card from my oldest and dearest friend Ashley and the cover went on to say this, " Funny thing about joy, is that you only really find it when you are too busy having fun to go looking for it."  And I realized, just as my dear friend did, that this is just what happened to me! 

Throughout this transforming year I learned not only to have fun, but to love myself and the joy that I have been seeking for years finally came to be.  It kind of snuck up on me!  Now there have been bad days and there have been moments of pity, but for the first time in my life I have true joy in my life. 


So last night as I was finishing up a fabulous birthday dinner with the finest of company I was reminded that God isn't through with His blessings!  I left the restaurant with a smile on my face and joy in my heart.  I was able to reminisce about all that the Lord has done in my life and I think this is just the tip of the iceberg.  My decision to choose to love myself, accept God's will for my life, and to make a few changes here and there has made all the difference.  The scripture verse on this site from the beginning has been John 10:10 "I came that you may have life and have it abundantly"  I think I have finally began to experience that abundant life that God has for me! 

And well folks...Life is good today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment